There is a special and renewed energy that accompanies the start of a new year and we want to make sure that 2020 is your best yet!
With this in mind, we would like to invite you to join Mark Sham as he presents his thoughts around the ultimate human topic of HAPPINESS! We go to school for 12 years and we learn many things but we aren’t definitively taught what happiness looks like. We would like to change that by hosting this event!
After this talk, Mark will then be interviewing two of his favourite humans in the form of Brent Lindeque and Catherine Constantinides to understand the journeys they have been on and why it’s so important to be come an active citizen (one of the most important ingredients of happiness).
On the night, these are some of the topics Mark will discuss:
- Why talk about happiness in the first place?
- The subjective nature of happiness
- Empathy is a super power
- How to stop caring what others think of us
- The role that money plays in our pursuit of happiness
- IKIGAI (a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being”)
- The role that gratitude plays in our pursuit of happiness
- The role that giving plays in our pursuit of happiness